@ Start Fitness
Obsessed with tech Innovative, optimised solution seeker. NUSHELL = Ecom Solutions Architect
Start Fitness, CTO
Managing all sales, strategy, marketing & purchasing for the company a leading player for over 30 years in the Catering Equipment sector with a £2m+ turnover with seven years of continuous growth.
- Increased online customer base by over 10k.
Responsible for all creative, strategy, design & development. Managing customer/revenue-based growth online.
- Increased 1st page Google ranking position of over 8k keywords.
- 40% increase online sales revenue in 2 years
- Performed Web Scraping over a catalog of 100K school supply products using mainly NodeJS and MongoDB
- Custom made CRM customer linking Magento, Sendinblue & ACT.
CTO & Solutions Architect
Full Stack Web Developer,
Responsible for developing websites and improving online strategy. GM had a turnover of around £600k before my team working on increasing online sales.
- Led development and growth of gmsuppliesltd.co.uk.
- Created and grew Bar Equipment UK from startup to £300k annual sales a GM satellite company.
- The site has more than 5k bar & restaurant owner customers UK wide.
- Managing a team of 2 developers and 2 designers
Further education college in West Cumbria with around 3k students offering hundreds of courses.
- Fully developed lcwc.ac.uk (created in Joomla & Drupal)
- Developed online application for with unique UX.
- Worked with the marketing team to increase online applications by 60% in less than 5 years.
- Developed internal intranet using Sharepoint used by all staff & students.
Cumbria County Council.
Cumbria County Council is the main Cumbria wide local authority.
- Worked on the front end of the main website cumbria.gov.uk.
- Developed a full website for Children's services using WordPress & Drupal.
- Brand development, web site traffic growth 42% in less than one year, new web site UI. Developed brand strategy & online marketing plan.
Easyspace Limited started in 1997 - and has grown to be one of the largest group hosting companies in the UK.
- Developer or work on more than 50 web projects.
- Part of the custom design team working with 20 members
- Worked on an early version of AO.com (applianceonline.com as it was then known)
University of Teesside.
Specialised in Web Development and gained a 2.1 Degree.
Along with working for the last 15 years in various roles online, I have worked on dozens of freelance projects and helped many companies is an array of industries.
This list is too long to name and the project might have been updated by now, but I can discuss these with any client as required.
I’m using world leading design methods in my work.
Creating things for many amazing clients for so long has allowed me to gain skills in a vast amount of applications and languages. I also follow different management methodologies depending on the project.
Gavin has done a fantastic job. Not only is the site to design, the code is very clean and slick. Love the way he achieved the translations portion of the site. Gavin's talent and experience proved immensely valuable for our latest web project
Gavin is a true expert in the field of digital marketing. He is highly motivated to share knowledge and provide meaningful consultation. He is a pleasure to work with and very prompt and attentive in project management. During the course of my project, the designers and engineers did an awesome job.
Great support for local businesses. Left in the lurch by our previous developer. A breath of fresh air for our company websites. An imaginative and dependable web designer
Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.
*Standard day rate is £300-£400 ($350-$460) depending on work required, this includes around 8-10hr of work time, please consider this at the the time of contact & scope of project.